What’s new in version 1.0.1:
- Minor updates related to FourSquare API versioning and specially the marking of To-Do API as deprecated.
- Auto-Checkins are now performed only when below 200m instead of 300m, to prevent “FourSquare thinks you are too far away” responses”
VoidSquare is a FourSquare app with the following complementary features:
- allows you to hide venues from the nearby list that are not relevant, so you can concentrate on the ones that really matter. Never gonna visit that particular venue? Take it away from the list, so it can stay clean of distractions.
- after a daily checkin, the venue gets hidden from the main list (or marked as green in other views), so you don’t checkin twice on the same place and on the same day.
- shows you a lot more venues, sorted by distance, and limited on the main list to 1000 meters, and marks as gray the ones above 300m.
- tells you how long to wait if you do three checkins in fifteen minutes, or how many checkins done on the last twenty-four hours, so you don’t cross the three per fifteen minutes or the thirty checkins per twenty-four hours limits.
- allows you to jump back to the foursquare client to do the checkin (or do any other action), per venue, of always (option on the settings view).
- the “venues” shows the sanitized list without hidden venues, checked in venues, or more than 1000 meters.
- the “todo” shows your FourSquare To-Do list.
- the “all venues” shows all nearby venues including the hidden ones (red), the checked in ones (green), and without the 1000 meter limit, so you can unhide red hidden venues.
- the “search” allows to search.
- for the ones that do checkins while driving, VoidSquare allows to pick one or more nearby venues and enable auto-checkin, which only happens when above 30KM/h and below 200m.
Note: continued use of GPS can dramatically increase battery consumption. VoidSquare stays running until all auto-checkin venues are finished.
Note: cheating FourSquare is not condoned by this app!